- 15+ years experience in apparel industry
- Trained at Fashion Institute of Technology and Purdue University
- Expert in Design, Development, and Production
- Proficient in 3rd party safety and performance testing for products
- Successful collaborations with local and overseas manufacturers
- Creative thinker, but technically minded
- Skilled problem solver
- Adept in startup and corporate business settings
- Consulted corporate clients Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Jockey
Like many in my field, I embarked on this career because of my passion for design. It’s true that I am a creative at the core, but I also possess a keen business sense. I’m a leader and a doer as much as I am an ideator.
I’ve gained valuable insight from my diverse experiences and each unique role, whether it’s through building businesses from the ground up or working for major brands like Gap and Jockey international. I understand the start-up mentality and the importance of defining objectives. I can see various perspectives, from the business side and the creative one, and can craft workable plans and make informed decisions based on what will benefit the company as a whole.
Beyond developing innovative concepts, I understand that to have an in-demand product, companies need a holistic approach to drive business, which includes targeted strategies, trend analysis, business development, quality assurance, safety, and costing. As my accomplishments illustrate, my experience runs the gamut of the industry and I have successfully executed concepts from outerwear, shoes, and backpacks, to children’s wear, luggage, bedding, and décor. As a design leader, I’ve also worked with teams both offshore and onshore to create authentic and first-rate apparel and accessories. Most recently I traveled to China to tour factories to better understand the manufacturing process and improve the communication between departments.
I am excited to collaborate with forward-thinking companies and leaders in design to forge new concepts and break barriers. As both a designer and inherent leader, I will be a valuable asset to your team and will make an immediate impact. Please contact me to discuss opportunities in leadership, product development, and design strategy.